4 hours ago
Tuesday, January 27, 2009
Little Blake is 10 months old. He weighs about 22 pounds. He is such a big boy now. These are the things he has done or are doing:
1) Took two steps - now he cruises furniture and wants to sit when I try to make him do more steps.
2) Says hot - not associating it with something hot
3) Points to the light
4) Opens and closes cabinet and takes things out
5) Screams when he doesn't get his way
6) Turn pages of a book and acts like he's reading them
7) Tosses a ball back and forth to someone
8) Drinks out of a cup sometimes, but still really loves the bottle
9) Waves bye bye
10) More attached to mommy
11) Loves to people watch
12) Sits in the cart when I go shopping
13) Has seven teeth
14) Sings with me when I sing and say ahaahhhahhhhhhhahhhhhahhhh
15) Walks while holding onto his toy
16) Sits in a highchair at restaurants
17) Loves putting objects in and out of containers
18) Blake reaches for adult food...when we are eating he wants to eat what we eat
19) He smiles at people or stares at them until they give him attention
20) He still takes two naps a day for a total of 2 1/2 - 3 hours.
21) Loves other kids
22) Palms a bottle of water...he has great upper body strength
We need to work on holding his bottle, in fact not taking bottles but taking sippy cups. We need to work on walking, crawling, and associating words with objects. We don't do flashcards as often because Blake is always moving around. He doesn't sit still for long.
I love Blake and who he is developing to be. I could kiss this boy ALL day long!
Monday, January 12, 2009
I had my nephew spend the night last week. I had so much fun with him. He was such a good boy. We made cookies, played Sequence, he wrestled with Uncle Jason and played banana bomb. He even "watched" Blake while I got ready in the morning. I think I could have two kids...for real..I think I could do it. No hurry that's for sure. But when the timing is right, I finally think I could do it. Although, now that I think about it, Parker is a such an expectionally well behaved boy and is 3 years older than Blake maybe that's why it was so easy.