Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Needed to read


With change and transition most likely in our future, it was fitting for me to read this today....from crosswalk.com

The angel answered, "The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you. So the holy one to be born will be called the Son of God. Even Elizabeth your relative is going to have a child in her old age, and she who was said to be barren is in her sixth month. For nothing is impossible with God." "I am the Lord's servant," Mary answered. "May it be to me as you have said." Then the angel left her.

As believers, we must learn the meaning of surrender. When God places a call on your life, there is no room for questions or hesitation. Is God calling you to some specific task? Are you willing to surrender all to obey Him? You must simply say, "I am the Lord's servant. May it be to me as you have said." Take with you the very valuable lessons of surrender, compassion, obedience, and love displayed in the Christmas story.

I want to be like Mary the mother of Jesus. Have the Lord ask me to do something and me be more than willing to do it.

1 comment:

Ben & Bobbi said...

Surrender is a tough one for me. Thanks for posting!