Thursday, January 28, 2010

Change, Transition, and Risk



Monday Jan. 11th
I feel as though change, transition and taking a risk is in our near future. I keep reading about it, sermon about it, and feel my conversations are consumed with it. We just turned down a position to go to IN for a job promotion, but I still feel like God is preparing us to take a risk in something and getting out of our comfort zone wanting us to trust him more. I heard a song on the radio on Sunday to help me be okay with change in our future. The song had a line that said, "God above all my hopes and fears....I am gonna be alright"

Not sure what that means, but I am anxious for God to reveal it to me. I am not sure if it means a job relocation. I am hoping it doesn't mean $ problems. We have been in such a comfort zone when it comes to his job, home, family in area, be staying home as a mom...that I hope it's none of those things. But I would be okay with relocating our family for Jason's job to make more $. Basically IN would have been a risk, change, and a position to where God would want to trust him, but it involved Jason traveling more adn being gone till 8 at night most nights. We felt for our family that this was not a job for a young growing family. Jason couldn't do faith and family first if he took that job. By saying no...Jason and I felt like we were sticking to priorities and to what would honor God.

As I feel change, transition, and risk is in our future.....I await in prayer and anticipation to see how and when this will all come about.

Wednesday January 13th
Today I read this in my devotions: Women must step out of their cozy comfort zones accept God's invitation to journey onward. When we sense the unmistakable stirring of the Holy Spirit beckoning us to a deeper walk, we have to decide to do what will stretch us. Fear of Change and the desire to avoid challenge often stand in the way of a believer's growing into an experiential relationship with God.

Call me crazy...but to feel in my heart on Saturday and Sunday that God does want to take us out of our comfort zone and then to read on Monday about taking risks and today about fear of change.... I see God is preparing us for something. I am willing to do and go wherever Christ may want me and my family. What is God stirring in my heart and when will I begin to see what all this prep is for?

1 comment:

Sues said...

You know I am in the *exact same* boat! (And THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH for your FB message! It was a perfect edification for the day!)

I am renewing my spirit as many times throughout the day as I can, too. I keep finding more and more verses of faith for us, as well:

The Lord is good, a Strength and Stronghold in the day of trouble; He knows (recognizes, has knowledge of, and understands) those who take refuge and trust in Him. - Nahum 1:7

Against all hope, Abraham in hope believed and so became the father of many nations, just as it had been said to him, "So shall your offspring be." Without weakening in his faith, he faced the fact that his body was as good as dead -- since he was about a hundred years old -- and that Sarah's womb was also dead. Yet he did not waver through unbelief regarding the promise of God, but was strengthened in his faith and gave glory to God, being fully persuaded that God had power to do what he had promised. - Romans 4:18-21

This morning I heard on Joyce Meyer: "God's not taking me out of limbo, yet, but until then, He's taking me through it!"