Sunday, March 29, 2009

The one I lived with



Ahhhh I was blessed to be able to go to MO to visit my college roommate. I went down Thursday thru Sunday. The trip went by way too fast. I kept thinking the whole time that this might be the last time in a long time that we will be able to see one another. Kimberly is expecting her first children in just two months. Yepo, she has been blessed with twins! It's been a tough road, but God has chosen to bless her and Kyle with two babies. When I first pulled up to her house this weekend, I couldn't help but tear up. I prayed for her and those babies and to see God's faithfulness stand right before me was amazing. Her little round belly filled with two lives was so beautiful. We had such a wonderful time together. We didn't go shopping much, or we weren't out and about much, but we relaxed together at her house. We watched foodnetwork, real housewives, ellen, and just talked and talked and talked. She was an amazing hostess. She had my favorite candies, magazines, and snacks on the bed for me when I walked into the room I was staying in. Her home was so cozy and warm. I felt so relaxed when I was there. I couldn't help thinking while I was there that our tradition of seeing one another once a year will probably be broken next year. I do know though without a doubt that we will continue to talk almost everyday. I am blessed to have her as a friend, and even more blessed to be able to spend so much time with her this past weekend and to be able to go to the ultrasound and have seen the babies. I am so glad that God chose to bring her into my life, and will be forever grateful for that.


I hope to post some pictures when I get them from her, she is a bit busy resting being pregnant with two little ones!

1 comment:

kdana said...

ohhh, i am crying. come back! i miss ya already. well, missed you the second you walked out the door and cried like a baby. I miss my roomie!
thanks for comign all this way and for being so laid back! just what we needed. and no boys. how great was that? :)
love and miss ya.