Sunday, November 1, 2009

Italy brought to us




I am fortunate enough to be over 50% Italian. I have a grandma Bea who cooks amazing Italian food. Sundays growing up we would go to her house for pasta and homemade sauce and big meatballs. I can't even explain to you the smell of her house when we walked it. Her pasta sauce and meatballs beat any reasturant. Still to this day I crave her food. Today I went to go see my grandpa all by myself. It's Sunday, so of course she made her pasta sauce and meatballs. Grandma insisted I bring home some pasta for Jason and Blake. Jason ate it up super fast and Blake had his first taste of grandma Bea's pasta. He gobbled it up like a turkey. Stuffing both hands in his mouth eating it as fast as he could. Several times Jason and I had to tell him to slow down. It's so awesome that Blake is able to taste what I grew up on and be blessed with that great Italian cooking!

side note: we took blake's highschair down yesterday and now he just sits in a normal chair for eating....such a big boy!

4 comments:

Sues said...

Oh, delish!!!! Family has been on my mind particularly heavily today, so I totally understand how awesome & important not only the food but the family connection is, too!

Cara said...

Wow you are brave! Wyatt has been sitting in his booster with the tray since he was 3 months, I wouldn't dare take him out yet. He would never sit still!! Blake was bound to LOVE gma's pasta...I just wish mine could taste like hers!

Bethany Patrice said...

i can't believe you called it sauce and not gravy. you shall hereby be banished from the mangialardi house.

Judith and Lance said...

Oh my, I never had the privilege of eating of Grandma Bea's pasta sauce and meatball, perhaps one day I'll be lucky enough to partake! So glad you enjoyed your time with your precious grandparents!