Sunday, April 3, 2011

From Thursday through the thanks for a repeat

I would be okay if I didn't repeat Thursday-Sunday. I think under normal circumstances, meaning if I wasn't carrying two babies at almost 35 weeks and caring for a three year old I wouldn't feel this way. However since I am irritable, uncomfortable, and anything sets me off....I can only handle so much.

Thursday at my 34 week appointment it was a bit difficult. We found out I have some protein coming from me and was slightly dehydrated. Which could be a fluke or could be a sign of preclampsia. When I went in for the non stress test, the babies weren't moving much so I had to have juice and lay there longer. I was so worried cause I have been feeling like they weren't moving and went to Labor and Delivery just a few weeks ago to be monitored for the same thing. Well, after sitting for forty five min...the babies moved and gave a good read for the dr. Only to find out that non of my contractions were monitored because the nurse put the circular reader on me wrong. I felt several stronger contractions and was a bit frustrated they couldn't be read on the monitor. Well I had to be okay with fact that the babies were showing good heart rates despite the protein being found, despite the slight dehydration, and the fact that no contractions could be detect from the monitor being put on wrong.

Shortly after my stress test I went in for an ultrasound and the tech couldn't find any pockets of fluid to test....and she couldn't find the membrane that separates the twins. I thought to myself...really no more scares please. I have been blessed with such great reports that I didn't want to start now with anything to be cautious about. After the tech tried for ten min...she called in the dr. Thankfully he found it as soon as the Doppler was placed on my stomach. Things began to look good and no concerns. I hated the scare but was grateful there were no major concerns as I left the hospital.

On to Friday where I started my twice a day shots. Not too bad, the only problem is making sure I get my shot as close to 12 hours apart as possible. Later that night, we went out to dinner for my grandmas birthday. That was so fun and I lasted about two hours which in my mind is great. The only bad part of that is my dad was suppose to come and couldn't. He had to be taken to the ER because he had been feeling dizzy for several days. I hate it when parents are sick or aren't themselves. I have been blessed at my parents age of mid 50's they haven't had any major health when I get a call that my dad is in the ER for dizziness, I was immediately worried. Thankfully after scan and blood work they think it's part of a virus, if he's not better in a few days he will have to go back.

On to Saturday. I love my husband and I love his work ethic....he had to work til 3:00 on Saturday so that meant I pretty much had Blake all day like any other work day. I don't mind that as long as I am feeling okay and have energy. However, feeling good and having energy do not go hand in hand the last couple weeks. I am used to Jason taking Blake for two hours on Saturday and Sunday so I can put my feet up and relax, so not having that this past Saturday really wore me out. I then took Blake to my parents to pick up dinner for them and spent about an hour or two there. We had fun just sitting and hanging out. While we were gone, the best part of my weekend was Jason putting together the crib that just came. I love it!

Here we are on Sunday. I didn't get much time to put my feet up today either. Which I am noticing is a need of mine as I end this twin pregnancy. Jason had to seed the yard and go to the mall. So that left me with Blake....he did take him to church with him which was a good break for me. I just hate that while I have Blake lately we watch TV. The other day I did do some crafts with him, but how I would love to be outside with him teaching him how to ride his bike. Anyways...Jason came home from the mall and Blake was just laying down for his nap. We began to watch some of the Cubs game when suddenly we heard a boom. Jason went downstairs and saw that the glass door to our kitchen shattered. It hasn't fallen to pieces yet but is shattered. Jason had to go order a new door. The thing I am more concerned about is it shattering and rain and wind .... nasty weather is suppose to be here tonight and tomorrow morning. I don't want rain in my house nor shattered glass all over the floor.

I think I am done venting. The only repeat I would have of this weekend would be celebrating my grandmas birthday and rejoicing in my baby furniture being delivered and being put together.

I still have a small list of things that need to be done before the babies get here:
1) Camera pictures cleared
2) Video camera cleared
3) Breathable bumpers/sheets put on cribs
4) Area organized for bottles/bibs/formula
5) Pack and play/bassinet/swing/bouncer brought upstairs
6) Baskets made up and ready with diaper/wipes/powder/lotion to be put in the family room so I don't have to go up and down stairs.

and I am sure there is more I am not thinking about.....

I think some of my furstation lies in the fact that we have three weekends left at the most before the babies come. I wanted to enjoy these weekends as a family. We weren't able to enjoy this weekend with fun family time and next Saturday Jason is gone with Blake to go see his parents so we won't have that weekend together. That leaves two weekends and one in which is Easter weekend.

If I could have it my way we would be outside as family, Blake laughing, swinging, playing on the slide and daddy and mommy sitting on the deck furniture enjoying Blake and talking while listening to the Cubs game. I would love to find time to go to the pet store with Blake and choo choo johnny's for lunch as a family.

I think I am just hormonal, drained, stressed, and overwhelmed with thoughts of what's to come.

1 comment:

Cara said...

You poor girl! That was a lot of stress for a few days! I am glad to hear that the babies are doing ok as well as your dad! In a perfect world things go according to plan, but in reality things get messed up and the key is to make the best of the new situation. Enjoy these last few weeks and don't sweat the small stuff. I am so proud of how you have been handling this pregnancy along with taking care of a 3 year old! It is truly commendable :)