Saturday, March 8, 2008

Wide eyed...


I was watching hockey with my nephew Parker, by his request. He was sitting on the couch totally into the hockey game and I was in a lazy boy reading a magazine half watching the game. Suddenly a fight broke out and I covered my face with the magazine...I look at Parker and he is even more into the game now. He looks at me and I told him, " Shar Shar doesn't like fighting. Do you?" Parker answers with wide eyes, " Yes...I like it!". I realized hmmm okay this is a boy and if I have a boy I have to allow them to be into fighting and wrestling even more so...I have to be okay with it. Well...if I have a boy the Lord will have to make me more of a tomboy and more lax with fighting.

Jason and I were talking yesterday morning and I told him if we have a boy, I want to dress him like Carlton on Fresh Prince...he goes ahhh no! I want a preppy cute gentle boy. I know Jason wants a rough, strong, athletic boy. Anyways...the Lord knows already what type of child we will have. I have seen it where there are preppy families but then the child chooses to be a skater or goth. I wonder does it matter how we raise the child in the home will it effect how they dress or what st lye they will have when they are older?

2 comments:

Judith and Lance said...

Yes, I'm sure it will effect your little boy, that is why it's so important to represent Jesus. Carlton was definitely a Jesus rep, so I think you should be just fine!!

PS If this next one is a boy for me he'll be dressed skater!

Bethany Patrice said...

you are going to be a great mom...for a boy or a girl. if you have a boy, he will be the most well mannered, best dressed, and most sensitive little guy. then, he'll hang out with his cuz and get warped.