Tuesday, November 25, 2008

23


My sweet little sister is 23 years old. We are 6 years apart in age. Growing up we weren't all that close. I was a teenager and she was in elementary school. I was always so shocked by what interested her. She loved musicals, plays, and took voice lessons. We were so different in many ways. As she has grown up and matured I have grown to respect her and look up to her. Janna is someone who speaks her mind and knows how to put up healthy boundaries. I admire her for being so confident in who she is and who Christ has created her to be. Now that Janna only lives 15min away from me, I get to see her almost whenever I want. We run together, we watch TV together, we cook together, we shop together, we find recipes together, we talk about secrets together, we confide in one another, we cry together, and we swap clothes from one another, we call one another daily and sometimes have nothing to talk about but just are on the phone mumbling about life. I didn't think that Janna would end up being one of my best friends as we were growing up...but now that we are older I can honestly say she is one of the best friends I could ever ask for. Cheers to Janna and happy 23rd birthday!

3 comments:

Bethany Patrice said...

ummm...how come I didn't get a nice blog for my birthday? And, Janna told me she likes me better :)


JUST KIDDING!!!!!!!

kdana said...

ohhh, that was so sweet of you to write that!

Judith and Lance said...

The love and friendship of a sister are wonderful thing. I'm so happy you have that special bond with them.