Monday, November 24, 2008

All 4 of Us


During this hard time we are going through with grandpa, I have to say a smile was brought to my face yesterday. All the Elton kids made it to the hospital to see grandpa and support the family. As soon as Bethany heard the news of what was the latest, she left the party she was at to be by the families side. My brother drove home from TIU to see grandpa and spent several hours at the hospital. During this hard time, family and the Lord are the stability that we all have.

As Thanksgiving approaches and my heart is filled with sadness towards the situation with grandpa, I have to say that God has blessed me and I am so thankful for an immediate family that supports, encourages, and prays for one another. As my dad said yesterday, if he had nothing at all, he would still be happy with having us kids and his wife who serves and loves the Lord...to him that means he has everything.

3 comments:

Ben & Bobbi said...

Sharon, that is so sweet what you wrote about your family...it is sadly a rare case anymore. Sorry to hear about your grandpa. I will keep you all in my prayers.

Judith and Lance said...

I'm praying for you and your family!

Karebear said...

Sharon!
I'm so sorry to hear about your Grandpa's condition. What a difficult time for your family! You guys are in our thoughts and prayers! Keep us posted. Love you girl! xoxo