Monday, September 8, 2008

Here it be....


It's hard when you see someone you love so much have to do something that breaks your heart. You know though it's the best for the person, but seeing it done just tears you apart inside. Precious baby Blake got his helmet today and did a fantastic job! He smiled at the tech and was so good in the waiting area. She said he will wear it for about 12 weeks. If he grows fast he doesn't have to wear it as long. I am praying that he has a growth spurt and will be able to be out of the helmet sooner than what she has estimated. He is so adorable in his helmet..his round little cheeks stand out even more. We will be going every week to the doctor to get it measured making sure he is growing the way he needs to grow. The good thing is that he doesn't even seem to know that he has it on! I am thankful for my husband who during this time has been supportive. He has been strong and has given me so reassurance that this is good for Blake. I am so grateful that God has given me someone that can encourage me when I am having a hard time with something! God knew I needed a strong man...a mighty mighty strong man!

5 comments:

Megan said...

I will be praying he grows quickly. I'm sure his little cheeks look so cute! Now does he have to wear it 24/7 or can he sleep with out it?!

mscottberg said...

I love pics that show a mother's love for their child! He is lucky to have you watching over him:-)

Bethany Patrice said...

he is blessed to have a mom and dad that care so much about his wellbeing and his future. you are a great mommy and blake is so kissable!

Cara said...

Only twelve weeks? That is not so bad. I am glad you guys are so strong, Blake has the best parents and the helmet will be gone before you know it!

Gina said...

So I'm singing the song...what a man what a man what a mighty strong man (and laughing). It is so hard and I will pray that his transition will go smoothly and that the little bugger will grow quickly. Even though it's hard, I'm sure you will use this to help other mothers who will go through something similar.