Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Round 1


On Monday night it was our first night with the helmet. It didn't go so swell. Blake was up every hour and was uncomfortable. I kept in my bed and tried to sooth him when he would waken up. Poor little guy! Then on Tuesday morning when he woke up I took the helmet off for an hour and there was a huge red circle on the side of his head. I called the tech and he said to keep it off the rest of the day and night. I was glad Blake didn't have to wear it, but dreaded the fact that he had to have it on Wed. morning. I took his helmet off this morning after he wore it for three hours, and again there is a red circle. I am hoping that it goes away so that I don't have to go back to the tech earlier than what was scheduled. Starting on Thursday, Blake has to wear it for 23 hours a day. Blake has a hard time sleeping with this helmet on right now. If you could just pray that he can have his helmet on and be comfortable in it when he sleeps that would be wonderful!

7 comments:

Cara said...

Poor thing, he just needs to get used to it, I know I would! We will be praying for him!!

Megan said...

I will def. be praying. I was wondering about that. I know when I had to wear heart monitors to bed it was horrible. I am sure that is much worse! I will be praying for him and you.

Lana said...

Oh, I LOVE the picture of you and Blake! What a sweetheart! I've prayed for him, Sharon. I'm believing he will make the adjustment to the helmet. Kids are amazing. It will get easier. Love you!

Ben & Bobbi said...

Poor little guy! I'll be praying for him to be content with it on...and also if it's not fitting him properly that they can get it corrected without any difficulty.

Karebear said...

I'm so sorry for the rough start!
Hang in there honey. You're such an amazing Mom already. xoxo

Judith and Lance said...

I have been praying for you everyday, several times a day. You are a wonderful mother and are so strong! Blake is SO stinkin' cute too, I just want to kiss his cheeks!

kdana said...

Praying he is doing better!!!