Saturday, September 20, 2008

I went on a date


Last night a friend of mine from work watched Blake and Jason and I got to go on a date together. I got all dressed up and even put my nice perfume on. My husband looked so handsome in his green short sleeve pocketed shirt. We headed out to downtown Naperville and walked the streets hand in hand. We went to a restaurant called Heaven on Seven or Seven on Heaven...don't remember. But it was a cute little Cajun restaurant. It was kind of squished so Jason and I had to sit next to one another instead of across from one another. During the evening dinner we laughed, reminisced, and often gave reassuring touches. The hand holding, the conversation, and the sweet glances from Jason made me feel like we were dating all over again. I missed Blake when we were gone, but it was so good for Jason and I to go out and enjoy what we love about one another....each other's company and friendship. I felt so connected and bonded with him. I am so glad that the Lord blessed us with one another and cannot wait till our next date night!

8 comments:

Judith and Lance said...

Sharon -- this sounds like a WONDERFUL night, I'm so happy you 2were able to enjoy some time together. As we often talk about it's so important to nuture our marital relationship. I think you are a wonderful wife and I admire your dedication to ensure you and Jason maintain a strong bond.
PS I hope you had some of their bread!!

Lana said...

LOVE Heaven on Seven!! Sounds like a great time! You and I had matching date nights! fun!

sharonie said...

lana, what did you guys do for your date night?

Bethany Patrice said...

vomit.

Gina said...

What a great night to hang out in downtown Naperville, I love it down there. And Heaven on Seven is yummy! Glad you guys had a great time!

Kelly Weinberg said...

Sharon, I am so glad that you and Jason had such a great date night!! I've heard of Heaven on Seven, but I've never been there myself. Was the food good?

Ben & Bobbi said...

Sharon, you are so cute! I'm glad you guys had a nice time on your date....it sounded like a lot of fun. I think it's important in every marriage to still go on dates:)

Karebear said...

It's true! I saw you guys walking down Jefferson Ave...hand in hand. And yes! You both looked adorable! It's so great that you 2 had some alone time. Even a walk without a stroller can be a luxury, right?? ;) xoxo