Wednesday, September 19, 2007

It hit me

It hit me today how kids are so in tune with things at such a young age.

It was picture day today and one little girl didn't want to come in class because she was wearing a dress. She said that people were going to stare at her and make fun of her. She was crying and I went in the hallway and talked with her. I told her I would walk in class with her. I put out my hand so we can walk into class together, but with tears streaming down her face she refused.

***** It hit me that at the age of 8 this little girl was so self conscious about what others think of her.

Then there was this boy standing outside and he looks at me and says "Mrs. Sidell, Why is it all dry around your face?"

He was pointing out the pimples and dryness on my face because of my pregnancy. I couldn't tell him it was because I was pregnant, I just told him : "I don't know why, it just started happening. It has never been like this before."

I was already self conscious about my face, and it proves that other people see it too. Kids...they notice so many things that I never would think they would care about or think twice about.

2 comments:

Janna Howard said...

and kids are so dang honest! They hold nothing back

Judith and Lance said...

last time my mom w/ was my nieces they both said "grammy, you have a BIG butt"... what the heck? and my oldest niece complains about her "big" thighs all the time and her legs are little sticks... what to do... what to do????