Friday, September 21, 2007

It's in there

Yesterday I had my appointment for my ultrasound. I told Jason the night before that he didn't need to go with me. So I got the my dr. went into the room right away. With in a matter of minutes, I saw my precious baby in my belly. I was so excited. It was wiggling around, squirming, kicking it's legs and waving it's hands. I couldn't believe that life was moving in me. I just wanted to watch the baby for hours. I was sad when she took the device off me. I didn't want to leave the baby. I was disappointed because I had told Jason he didn't need to come to the ultrasound. I think he would have loved to have seen the little precious baby move...the pregnancy would have become so much more real to him.

The heartbeat measured at 163. Every time I call and tell Bethany something about the baby, she always changes what she thinks the sex is. It's so funny!


When Jason got home, I showed him the new images of the precious baby in my belly. I had put the first ultrasound picture we had in August at the top of the stack. The first one of the baby looked like a lima bean. So Jason looked at the picture and said it didn't change much. Then he shuffled to the next picture and a huge smile came on his face. I hit him in excitement and said, "Look that's our baby!" He was kind of quiet and studied the pictures. I asked what he was thinking, and he said...we created this life...how weird. We both were so excited about the growth of that little one

For me this appointment made me so excited and anxious. At every appointment I have been at I think we are at like 6 or something. But every one I have been at, there has always been a but in it. I see the baby but....the heartbeat is low. So today for the first time there was no buts about it!

I went to my mom and dads house and showed them and Janna the picture of the baby. My mom said that she thinks she saw a pee pee...meaning it's a boy! My dad looked at it and said...so that's my little granddaughter there. Janna was just in awe that the baby was in me like that.

Well now we are waiting to hear from the dr. with details about the baby. The technician couldn't read the ultrasound in depth. Hopefully I will hear from my doctor early this morning so I could send home a note to parents and students telling them of this awesome gift the Lord has blessed Jason and I with.

Lord, you are amazing. Seeing that life in me today was incredible. I don't know why you choose to bless Jason and I so quickly with a precious life. I thank you for your generosity and love towards us. As I sat this morning laying in bed a verse came into my mind
Every good and perfect gift comes from above!

Lord this baby you have given me is perfect and I know this life is yours first! Ugh I can't wait to see this baby...I AM SO EXCITED!!!

3 comments:

Samantha said...

Hi Sharon!

Congratulations! Finally, how exciting. The next months will fly by and soon, you will have the little person you've been waiting all this time for!

God is faithful, especially when we believe on Him. He is our confidence when we have none.

My prediction: a girl. Only girls would cause this much drama.

Love,
Sam

Bethany Patrice said...

I agree with my pal Sam. I am making my final prediction. This baby is a girl!!!!!! I promise, I am not changing my mind anymore.

Kelly Weinberg said...

I got goose bumps reading your blog for today! I am so happy for you! I can't wait to see you pregnant and then hopefully I will live back in Chicago by the time your precious baby enters this world! God is so good!!