Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Tradition

With being pregnant, I am becoming more and more about creating unity and tradition in my family. Jason and I went out to breakfast yesterday and I began to think about how my sisters and I would do date with dad. So I thought what could Jason do with our child once a weekend. We talked about it and though maybe Jason and our child could go get doughnuts once a week together. I thought that sounded good. It is so important to Jason and I that he has one on one quality time with our child. That they build a bond early that will connect them and open doors of communication. I can't wait to think of new holiday traditions to have with our little one too! Ahhh the fun has just started....the baby better love traditions.

3 comments:

Bethany Patrice said...

okay...just be sure never to make your child wear a wreath on their head! Our tradition is that every Thursday on Erik's day off we have cinnamon rolls for breakfast...this makes Parker excited for Erik's day off.

Kelly Weinberg said...

Family traditions are so much fun! How exciting that you get to start that with your own family. I think it's great that you are already planning times that Jason is going to spend with your child! This is such a fun time and exciting time for you & Jason. I am so happy for both of you! :)

Judith and Lance said...

i need to begin traditions with bella. my dad always took us out on a date anywhere we wanted to go for our birthdays each year and that was always something i looked forward to.